dinsdag 20 november 2012

Essie - Dive Bar

Today's nail color is Essie's - Dive Bar. 
In the bottle it is this amazingly versatile color, that changes from a sparkly blue into a sparkly purple. It kind of reminds me of the universe. I know this sounds kind of vague but when you see a picture of the universe at night this color reminds me of that. 

Although the color is still very pretty on the nails it is not as spectacular as in the bottle. On the nails it is just a sparkly blue color. The " WOW " factor is definitely higher in the bottle than on the nail. The color still reminds me of the universe though. 







I used 2 coats on my nails. The color is fully opaque after 1 coat but for the extra shine and to make the coats more even I added an extra coat. The drying time took a bit longer than some other essie polishes, but it wasn't dramatically long.

This picture captures just how cool the polish looks in the bottle. The different colors, from blue to kind of an ocean green to a purple color is just amazing.

On a scale of 1-5 I would give this polish a 3. It looks amazing in the bottle but though it is pretty on the nails it is not as spectacular as in the bottle.

Essie is available at most drugstores and costs €10,-

1 opmerking: